Thursday, August 21, 2008

Buckle Up

So, as most everyone knows, bike culture is huge in Portland, OR. People take huge pride in what bikes they ride (fixed gears, 'fixies,' are very popular here, but I prefer the classier road bike) and dress accordingly. Along with rolled up skinny jeans, I've noticed an inordinate number of Chrome messenger bags in this city. Chrome makes extremely practical, waterproof messengers bags that diagonally buckle at the wearer's chest, making it extremely easy to re-wear.

My beat up army messenger bag has proven a bit annoying to wear while biking. It moves around a lot, so much that I have to swing its weight back behind me at every opportunity I get. Now, I want a Chrome bag for myself.


I like the olive + red the best

Chrome's signature buckle.

Not a fixie!

lol.
-s.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh...i fucking hate those things

IT'S A BAG NOT A SEAT!

mags

a & s said...

mags, you're dumb. have you ever biked wearing a messenger bag full of stuff more than just a notebook? the buckle is completely practical, keeps bag in place, and makes it easy to remove and affix.

Carina Johnson said...

ugh i want one and yet i dont because its so portland fixie trendy. and they're so damn expensive.

but... they are the kind of bag you can bike to the bar with and not feel like a complete idiot with a backpack or have to wrangle a purse/tote... once my bag got caught in my wheel and i fell.

it was awesome.

Sydney S. Kim said...

that's my problem, too. they're so trendy here, but they're super practical. after losing my fucking oakleys (they probably fell out of my messenger bag), and constantly having to push my bag back, i'm seriously considering investing in one. xmas, maybe? hah.